Welcome to a2000greetings Community Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Story  (Read 2317 times)

Susan

Story
« on: June 03, 2014, 09:52:51 PM »

This is the topic where you can add a story. Tell as a tale. Drop us some lines on life as you know it. We do enjoy reading about what has been happening around town. An event or a funny story. We even like a good bedtime story!
We even like stories about how your business came about.  This is the place. You could make it an ongoing story. Come back and add more. A short story or a love story. Owe I am getting excited.

Add your story to the general topic. They will be moved to this topic  as soon as possible.

Susan

My Dirty Socks Re: Story
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 09:53:44 PM »

My Dirty Socks
by Dennis Gaskill

A good friend of mine  was watching TV a while back when the screen went blue. One of those little broadcast glitches. She confessed, her first thought was "Darn it, now I've got to reboot again!"

As soon as she told me that she realized this was the kind of thing I might write about. She said she kind of wished she hadn't told me that, and referred to it as a typo!

That's the first time I'd ever heard of an oral typo, or rebooting your TV for that matter. Do you think she's been on the computer too much lately?

Her wacky way of wording words are very amusing and lovable, but she didn't want me to write about them, even if I didn't identify her. She figured some people would know it was her. When you have a large audience, even your friends fear you sometimes!

So anyway, I told her I wouldn't write a column about her goofy ways, so this column is about my dirty socks—just not very much of it is about them.

This article was written and copyrighted by Dennis Gaskill of www.i-webmaster.org and is reprinted here with permission. Visit www.i-webmaster.org today for the best web design help, reprintable content, graphics, inspiration, free software and much more.

Susan

Motivational Speech
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 12:40:13 PM »

Motivational Speech
 I Have a Dream Speech
By DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.
[h1] Listen to I Have a Dream Speech [/h1]
I have a dream

Thanks to DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. we have come a long way since then.  And continue to help each other to improve Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Motivational
The United States Declaration of Independence  on exhibit in the Library of Congress.  Version was used by Julian Boyd to create a transcript of Jefferson's draft,  which reads:

We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness; ...

The Declaration Of Independence
Best Wishes,